Witch On Wine Class: Arrogant Frog Chardonnay
In this go around of Witch On Wine Class let’s talk about, Arrogant Frog Chardonnay, by Les Domaines Jean-Claude Mas. It’s a Chardonnay from France perfect for every day and easily pairs with a variety of food. What originally attracted me to the wines were the fun labels. Anytime a frog is in a beret, it’s hard not to be intrigued. It’s wine with an old school spirit and a new attitude.
Besides being a line of wines that are great every meal, they are perfect when you are entertaining. There’s a red, white, or sparkling for everyone to enjoy. Not to mention, the wine isquite affordable so they won’t break the bank. Delicious and inexpensive= Priceless!
Here are some fun facts about the Frog:
1) Arrogant Frog has sold over 5 million bottles and sold in more than 40 countries. The Frog has hopped around the world, that means you should be able to find a bottle in your area. Keep your eyes open and palate ready.
2) You can find the Arrogant Frog mascot in different settings from sports, reading the paper, fishing or sailing. Let’s just say it’s a very adventurous frog. May we all learn to love life as much as him.
3) The wines are created with the “Luxe Rural” philosophy” which means every day should include an element of luxury. Everyone should have a touch of luxury on an everyday basis, don’t you think? It’s definitely something the French has mastered.
4) The wines are produced in the Languedoc region of France by Jean-Claude Mas who is known as one of the pioneers of a new age of wine in the region.
5) A majority of the grapes used in the wines are harvested are organically farmed, then hand harvested. The French still dig getting out there and picking those grapes.