Drink Up Gladiators: Get Something Red, Sexy, and Scandalicious to Sip On
Scandal is coming back baby! From the trailer it looks like Olivia and Fitz some moments that will require a sip (or two) of an adult beverage. I think we can all “drink to that”.
As we all know, Liv has a love affair with red wine. Here’s a list of five red wines that I have picked that would be perfect to pair with Scandal to sip with Liv. Cheers gladiators!
1) The Oracle Red– This is a wine to rave about. This is a Bordeaux style wine made with Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, and Petit Verdot grapes. It’s smooth and elegant. This one is a wine that Papa Pope would share with Liv over dinner.
2) La Vieille Ferme Rouge– One of my favorite French red wines from Loire Valley. This wine is great for everyday. Lots of red fruit flavor including blackberries and blackcurrant. One of the best under ten dollar wines around.
3) Raymond Cabernet Sauvignon– This is the wine I will be most definitely be sipping as I watch Scandal. The aphrodisiac notes are perfect as I watch the sexual frustration between Liv and Fitz. Think dark cherries and cassis. A well balanced California wine that opens up nicely.
4) Lillet Rouge– The ultimate aperitif, is exactly what Lillet Rouge is. It’s fabulous and oh so French. A bit sweet and a little bitter all that the same time. Make sure you add a slice of orange to your glass, it is orgasmic.
5) Rex-Goliath Merlot– You will be surprised how good this cheap wine is. It totally took me by surprise. The notes that you get with this one are cherry, plum, and spice. A good one to sip as the gladiators get into action.