I must confess I love the show Power on Starz. It’s my favorite guilty pleasure right now. On Sunday nights I’m so there for it. That being said, it’s the perfect show to watch and enjoy a glass of wine or spirit of choice. What’s in your glass?
Here’s my curated list of what I think would be excellent choices to sip and savor while watching the show:
1) Yellow Tail Shiraz – This Shiraz is a staple in most wine shops. It’s a nice red that you can be paired with pretty much anything. This wine is something Kate Egan would devour after sniffing her drug of choice.
2) Hennessy V.S.O.P Privilège Cognac– Smooth and sexy, sums up this cognac. I can imagine James St. Patrick or as we love to call him, “Ghost” sipping this are a long day at work. This Henny is complex like the bromance of Ghost and Tommy.
3) Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Brut– A solid sparkling wine that has some fabulous bubbles. It’s the kind of bubbly that Tasha and LaKeisha would enjoy on a girl’s night in. Clink, clink!
4) Espolon Reposado Tequila– Have some tequila on the rocks. Drink some for Mexican kingpin, Lobos, who seems to still be calling the shots even though he’s in hiding. That’s how a boss rolls!
5) Van Gogh Rich Dark Chocolate Vodka– This is a seriously wicked vodka. Even though the flavor is chocolate, it’s not to sweet, it’s just right. Have it on the rocks as you the enjoy the sexy chocolate that Power is all about.
6) Knob Creek Straight Bourbon– A little Knob Creek on the rocks is the perfect pairing with Power if you are into bourbon. The aroma and taste go perfectly with the theme of the show. The taste is full-bodied, rich, sweet, and woody.
7) Campari- Oh Campari, how I love thee, let me count the ways. You can simply have Campari on the rocks or whip up a Negroni to sip during the show. This liqueur is smooth and fine like Julio.
8) Piper Heidsieck Cuvée Brut– A yummy champagne that would make you feel all warm and tingly inside as you watch the show. A champagne that would be in Jaime’s club for bottle service.